Table of Contents
In need of bread but short on time? You’ve landed on the perfect recipe. Try this Quick Low-Carb Bread made in just 90 Seconds! It’s is not only fluffy but also versatile. Transform it into anything from Keto French Toast to a hearty sandwich or even a bread pudding.
Why You’ll Love This Quick Keto Bread
- Speedy: Ready in just 90 seconds for a quick bread fix.
- Fluffy Texture: Psyllium powder makes it light and airy.
- Versatile: Perfect for French toast, sandwiches, or bread pudding.
- Low-Carb: Ideal for those watching their carb intake.
- Few Ingredients: Made with only 5 ingredients, plus salt!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Heads up: For exact measurements, see the recipe card below.
This quick keto bread is so easy to make and you’ll only need 5 ingredient, plus salt:
- Almond Flour: The essential ingredient.
- Psyllium Powder: For fluffiness.
- Baking Powder: Use gluten-free versions.
- Olive Oil: Extra virgin olive oil or ghee.
- Sea Salt: Optional, for a more neutral taste.
- Egg: Use large eggs for best results.
Absolutely. Replace almond flour with ground sunflower seeds or use a blend of coconut flour and flax meal. Simply replace the almond flour with the same amount (¼ cup) of ground sunflower seeds. Then, replace the almond flour and psyllium powder with 1 tbsp coconut flour (8 g/ 0.3 oz) + 2 tbsp (14 g/ 0.5 oz) flax meal (this bread will be thinner and you won’t be able to cut it widthwise).
Swap out baking powder with a mixture of baking soda and cream of tartar. The substitution ratio is ½ teaspoon of cream of tartar and ¼ teaspoon of baking soda for every teaspoon of baking powder. If you don’t have cream of tartar, use another acidic ingredient such as lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
How To Make The Quickest Low-Carb Bread
Prep Your Ingredients. Assemble almond flour, psyllium powder, baking powder, sea salt, olive oil (or ghee), and a large egg.
Mix It All Together. Combine all ingredients in one bowl.
Time to Cook. Transfer the mixture to a microwave-friendly square container and microwave until set.
Serve. Enjoy just like your favorite bread. Toast and serve as a side, or top with your favorite toppings.
Tips for the Best Quick Keto Bread
- Even Mixing: Thoroughly combine dry and wet ingredients for a uniform texture.
- Right Container: Use a square microwave-safe dish to help the bread cook evenly and look closer to regular bread.
- Microwave Watch: Start with 90 seconds, but add time in small increments if it’s not set.
- Cool Slightly: Let it cool for a minute before slicing to improve the texture.
Store at room temperature for up to 2 days. For longer storage, freeze for up to 3 months.
Yes, pour the mix into a small ovenproof baking dish lined with parchment paper and bake at 350°F (175°C) fan assisted, or 350°F (195°C) conventional until fully set and lightly browned on top. The bake time will vary between 8 to 12 minutes based on the size of your dish. The smaller the container, the longer it will take to bake through as the bread will be thicker.
How to Use Quick Keto Bread
Serve just like regular bread with your favorite toppings:
- Toast and top with cream cheese and salmon, or make a quick ham & cheese sandwich.
- Serve as a side with any salads like creamy egg salad or Guacamole.
- You can even make low-carb French Toast using this recipe. The options are endless!
Tools for This Recipe
- Microwave-Friendly Container: ceramic, glass or BPA-free plastic or silicon container work best.
Quick Low-Carb Bread
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp psyllium powder
- ½ tsp baking powder (gluten-free )
- 1 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin, or ghee)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 large egg
- Place all of the bread ingredients into a small bowl and mix well. (Instead of olive oil you can use melted ghee.)
- Mix until well combined.
- Lightly grease a ramekin, or like me find a square storage container. Pour the mixture into the container. Microwave on high for 90 seconds. Turn out and cool on a rack.
- When cool, cut in half widthwise and spread butter on top, if desired.
- Place in a toaster (optionally, spread some butter on top) or under a broiler to brown and crisp up. Serve just like bread with any toppings or with a salad.
- Serving Size: 2 slices of bread.
- Baking Tip: If you don’t have a microwave, you can use the oven. Preheat to 350°F (175°C) fan assisted, or 350°F (195°C) conventional, and bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Storage: Store at room temperature for up to 2 days. For longer storage, freeze for up to 3 months.
- Nut-Free Option: If you are making the nut-free bread with coconut flour (see recipe post for details), this bread will be thinner and you won’t be able to cut it widthwise.