Table of Contents
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies: Why You’ll Love Them
- Ingredients & Substitutions
- How To Make Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
- Tips for Best Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
- Storage Instructions
- Tools for Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
- Low-Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
Who says you can’t have your cake and eat it too? With these Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies, you’re in for a real treat! Imagine combining the warm, comforting flavors of pumpkin spice with the rich, satisfying taste of brownies and cheesecake. That’s exactly what we’ve done here, creating a dessert that’s not only mouthwateringly delicious but also fits perfectly into your keto lifestyle.
These brownies are a game changer for anyone on a low-carb diet who still craves something sweet and indulgent. Whether you’re looking for a festive fall dessert or just a unique twist on your regular brownie, this recipe has got you covered. Plus, it’s surprisingly simple to make. So, let’s dive into what makes these brownies so special and how you can whip them up in no time!
Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies: Why You’ll Love Them
- Low-Carb: Satisfy your sweet tooth without the carbs.
- Fusion of Flavors: Cheesecake meets brownie with a pumpkin twist.
- Easy to Make: Simple steps for a gourmet result.
- Perfect for Fall and Holidays: Embraces the cozy, spiced flavors of the season.
- Versatile: Great for gatherings or a personal treat.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Heads up: For exact measurements, see the recipe card below.
Creating these delicious Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies is surprisingly simple, and it all starts with just a few key ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need.
- Full-fat cream cheese: The rich base of the cheesecake layer.
- Low-carb sweetener: Adds sweetness without the carbs.
- Egg: Helps to bind and set the cheesecake.
- Cinnamon & Nutmeg: Warm spices for that classic pumpkin flavor. Alternatively, use pumpkin pie spice. Here’s how to make your own.
- Pumpkin puree: Adds moisture and a subtle pumpkin taste. Here’s how to make your own pumpkin puree.
- Granulated low-carb sweetener: For a sweet, guilt-free treat.
- Cacao powder or Dutch process cocoa powder: The key to rich, chocolatey brownies.
- Almond flour: Keeps the brownies low-carb and adds texture.
- Unsalted butter: For richness and moisture.
- Eggs: For structure and a tender crumb.
- Sugar-free vanilla extract: Enhances the flavor of both layers.
- Unsweetened almond milk: Adds moisture to the batter.
- Sea salt: Balances and intensifies the flavors.
Absolutely! For the almond flour in the brownie layer, simply use ground sunflower seeds as a one-to-one substitute. They offer a similar texture without the nuts. Then, swap out the almond milk with coconut milk or even water. Both work great in maintaining the desired consistency and keeping the recipe nut-free.
This recipe uses Erythritol-based sweetener but you can use several alternatives. Allulose is a great, and in fact a much better alternative. It’s as sweet as sugar, so you might need to adjust the quantity if you’re switching from Erythritol, which is about 70% as sweet as sugar.
Pure stevia can work too, but be cautious with the amount as it’s much sweeter than sugar, and it will affect the texture. A good rule of thumb is to start with a small amount and adjust to taste.
Finally, monk fruit sweetener is a natural, sugar-free option. Like with Stevia, it’s quite sweet, so you’ll need less of it compared to sugar or Erythritol. The full list of low-carb sweeteners and conversions is here.
How To Make Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
Prepare the Oven and Pan. Start by preheating your oven to 310°F (155°C) for fan-assisted or 350°F (175°C) for conventional. Grease and line a 20 x 20 cm (8 x 8 inch) square cake pan with parchment paper. This will make removing the brownies easier later.
Make the Cheesecake Layer. Blend the cheesecake ingredients – full-fat cream cheese, low-carb sweetener, egg, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin puree – until smooth. A food processor or blender works perfectly for this, ensuring a consistent, creamy texture.
Prepare the Brownie Batter. In a separate bowl, start with the dry ingredients for the brownie layer. Combine the granulated low-carb sweetener, cacao powder, and almond flour. Then, melt the butter and add it to the mix along with the eggs and vanilla extract. Stir until you get a smooth, lump-free batter.
Assemble the Layers. Pour most of the brownie batter into the prepared pan, reserving about ½ cup. Smooth it out evenly. Then, gently pour the cheesecake mixture over the brownie layer.
Create Brownie Swirls. Finally, mix the reserved brownie batter with almond milk and dollop it on top. Swirl these dollops with a knife to create a marbled effect. But remember, don’t overmix!
Bake the Brownies. Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. You’re looking for the brownies to be set but still a bit soft in the middle. This ensures they’re fudgy and moist.
Cool and Serve. Once done, remove these keto pumpkin cheesecake brownies from the oven and let them cool completely in the pan. This patience is key! When they’re cool, cut them into 9 servings and enjoy. For storage, keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Tips for Best Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
- Even Baking. For the best texture, make sure your oven is properly preheated before baking. This helps the brownies bake evenly, giving you that perfect fudgy center.
- Quality Ingredients Matter. Use high-quality, full-fat cream cheese for the cheesecake layer. It makes a difference in taste and texture. Similarly, choosing a good quality cacao or cocoa powder will enhance the richness of the brownies.
- Don’t Overmix. When swirling the brownie and cheesecake layers, a light hand is key. Overmixing can lead to a muddled appearance and affect the texture.
- Room Temperature Ingredients. Ensure your cream cheese and eggs are at room temperature before mixing. This helps to achieve a smoother cheesecake layer without lumps.
- Patience is Key. Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan before slicing. This patience pays off with clean cuts and fully set layers.
Properly stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, these Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies will stay fresh and delicious for up to one week. For the best flavor and texture, let the brownies sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes before serving. This allows them to soften slightly and enhances their rich, fudgy texture.
Yes, you can freeze them! Wrap individual brownie pieces in plastic wrap and then store them in a freezer-safe bag or container. They can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator or at room temperature when ready to enjoy.
Tools for Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
- Electric Mixer (Hand or Stand): Essential for mixing the batter and cheesecake layer smoothly and efficiently.
- Whisk: A great alternative if you prefer to mix by hand.
- Square Cake Pan: Perfect for baking the brownies to the right thickness and size (8×8 inch/ 20×20 cm).
Low-Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
Pumpkin Cheesecake Layer
- 8 oz full-fat cream cheese
- ⅓ cup granulated low-carb sweetener (such as Swerve or Allulose)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup granulated low-carb sweetener (such as Swerve or Allulose)
- ¾ cups cacao powder (or Dutch process cocoa powder)
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 stick butter (unsalted, melted)
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tsp vanilla extract (sugar-free )
- 2 tbsp almond milk (unsweetened )
- ½ – 1 tsp sea salt
- Set your oven to 310 °F (155 °C), or 350 °F (175 °C).
- Grease and line an 8×8 inch (20×20 cm) square cake pan with parchment paper.
- Blend cream cheese, low-carb sweetener, one large egg, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin puree until smooth.
- Combine low-carb sweetener, cacao powder, and almond flour. Melt butter and add to the dry ingredients along with eggs and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the brownie batter into the pan, reserving some for topping. Add the cheesecake layer on top. Mix the reserved brownie batter with a bit of almond milk and dollop onto the cheesecake layer. Swirl with a knife for a marbled effect.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until set but still soft in the middle.
- Let the brownies cool completely before slicing and serving.
- Serving Size: 1 slice.
- Quality Ingredients: For the best taste, use high-quality cream cheese and cocoa powder.
- Sweetener To Taste: If you prefer a different level of sweetness, feel free to add, reduce, or swap the sweeteners.
- Don’t Overmix: Lightly swirl the brownie and cheesecake layers to keep the patterns distinct.
- Cooling Time: Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan for clean cuts.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or freeze for longer storage.